Colorbond steel fencing | Fencing solutions for your garden
There are two main types of fencing for you to choose from. Either Timber / wood or Colorbond steel fencing.
Both have their advantages depending on your requirements and budget.
Timer board fencing and panels:
Timer fencing comes in a wide range of finishes. As they are going to be subject to the ever changing elements, all fencing panels and boards that you use in your garden must be 'pressure treated'. This treatment process occurs from the point of manufacture, ensures longevity and prevents rotting. Very often you will see this pressure treated fencing is laid on / slots into a concrete base. The idea of this base is two fold; to create a more stable base - and separates the timber from the earth floor, hence prolongs the life of the timber fence.
Types of panels:
- Arch top with Lap detail to both the front and rear
- 'V lap' effect panels
- Lap detail with Trellis top
- 'V window' and lap effect
Picket boards: In stead of using panels, you can choose to have the fence made using boards. It is basically lengths of pressure treated boards that are placed together to make a panel. The boards themselves come in various finishes:
- Square end
- Rounded end
- Pointed end
Also, the boards can be laid together either vertically, or horizontally (usually called 'weather board fence').
For more on the timber fence suppliers we use, see Abbeylawn.
Keep in mind that timber fencing need maintenance, and like all timber that is exposed to the elements, will eventually perish and need some / all sections replaced.
Steel fencing | Colorbond steel:
Made from 'Colorbond steel' which is one of the most advanced steel products in the world. This type of fencing is extremely long lasing and comes in a variety of finished styles and colours, and as both sides are identical this can be an attractive fencing solution for both you and your neighbor.
- Pros; durable. As the fence is manufactured from 'Zincalume' high tensile steel this type of fencing is engineered to be both light yet extremely strong. The panels are guaranteed not to rot, warp or peel for 25 years and can withstand wind gusts up to 130mph - which can suit a garden that is regularly exposed to Ireland's winters and accompanying high winds.
- Custom made to suit your garden and comes in a variety of colours and finishes.
- Very low maintenance - it never needs treating or painting.
- Peace of mind.